Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Muddled Thoughts.. a new life begins

Packed my bag and all set to begin a new journey in my life. Yes! I am moving back to mundra after 7 months in Mumbai. Is the fact that it’s my birthday tomorrow symbolic of my new beginning? Ah well I am going to leave it at that. So I’m finally turning 24, and wow I can’t believe that I’m 24 already. The years seem to have just sped by. Where am I in my life right now? Well I don’t know for sure. Let’s see, my career is going on ok, my love life is virtually non-existent and I find myself in a position where I am incapable of loving anyone but myself. I guess that what remote places do to you. You tend to become all withdrawn and shielded that you stop letting anything come in. Usually whenever such fleeting thoughts come up I just ignore them and sleep it off. Why am I taking the trouble to write them down? Well someone at work once told me that if I pen down everything then I would be able to trace the path my life had taken. So, I thought I will give it a try, and yes I love writing even though I ain't too great at it. It kind of makes me feel that I speaking to my closest friend. Ah finally the hour is upon me, finally I am 24. What do I expect this year? Well for one I would start this year without inflated expectations. Secondly I think that this year is the one when I would reintroduce myself to human emotions. I think I have been living the life of a robot and have tried to cast aside all the minuscule details that can be classified as human emotions. I don’t know why but I remember a poem by Sylvia Plath, I think it’s called "tulips”. It’s a weird poem to remember at this juncture coz the poem goes on to speak up how she hates the colour white as she associates death to the colour white. I don’t know whether my situation can be compared to that of the poet, but its similar coz both involve the lack of any emotion. Well that going to change from now. I solemnly swear that I will be up to no good. God!! Now I think of harry potter. Seeing as muddled as my thoughts have become I think it’s time to call it a night and wish me good night. Bye.

No comments:

Post a Comment